L. BISIACH MILANO [stamped on upper face of top block and neck foot]
No. of Strings:
Musical Instrument Museum
Kenneth G. Fiske Museum of Musical Instruments, Claremont, CA (no. S33), 1954-2009; Curtis Janssen, 194?-1954
TGM visit 5/98; Monical conservation report 2/88
[Unpublished conservation report by W.L. Monical: FB+S]
Copy of Giovanni Maria of Brescia at Ashmolean, Oxford (1 of 2, other at Castello Sforzesco, Milan). Integral bass bar; fingerboard and bridge by Monical, both slightly wider than the originals. 2-piece table, 1-piece back, closed flat scroll (no ears). Measurements from Monical’s report. Museum file has bill for 1973 repairs by Paul Gregory, Ventura, CA.