Arfeved Runnegren / in Kattarp Ao 1724
No. of Strings:
[Businessman in Geneva, -1978; had been kept by him as security for a never-repaid loan to some Swedish musicians]
Owner to TGM, 11/04
[Unpublished, from owner: FB+S, head F+S, C-hole and rib details (color)]
Had been converted to cello when acquired; restored by by Guy Derat, 1979 (new neck, head, bridge, [fingerboard?], and tailpiece). Black-and-white edging to table, fingerboard, and tailpiece. Lion head based on Rönnegren treble in Stockholm. At bottom center of back, letters “PAG” stamped or burned into wood; above this, a blob that might be a wax seal, with two more somewhat similar blobs to its left and right.